Frequently Asked Questions
Need some help with your order or got a burning question that you need answered pronto? Just click on one of the sections below to find the answer...
Spend & Save
Offer Terms & Conditions
UK & ROI. Purchase Required. To participate online: Spend £70 or over (in a single transaction) at fatface.com between 02/11/16 - 13/11/16 and receive a £20 voucher to spend at fatface.com between 01/12/16 – 24/12/16. Vouchers cannot be used in FatFace stores, outlets or concessions and can only be claimed against full price merchandise. A minimum spend of the voucher value applies at fatface.com. Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the promotion
1. This Promotion is open to legal residents of United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged 16 or over excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. Purchase is necessary and internet access may be required.
3. To Participate: Spend £70 (or €85 in ROI stores) or over, in a single transaction on full price merchandise only, (“Qualifying Purchase”) either online or in-store between 00.01 GMT on 2nd November 2016 and 23.59 GMT on 13th November 2016. Store opening times may vary. Gift cards are not valid as part of the Qualifying Purchase online.
4. The Offer: For each valid Qualifying Purchase made you will receive a £20/€25 voucher that can be redeemed between 00.01 on 1st December 2016 and 23:59 on 24th December 2016 via the original qualifying purchase method (see clause 5 and 6 for clarification) against full price merchandise only (excluding in FatFace outlet stores or concessions). Store opening times may vary. Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or Promotion. 5. Customers who make the Qualifying Purchase in store can only redeem their Voucher in FatFace stores.
5. Customers who make the Qualifying Purchase in store can only redeem their Voucher in FatFace stores.
6. Customers who make the Qualifying Purchase online can only redeem their Voucher online at www.fatface.com. The Voucher will be sent to the participant by email.
7. The voucher cannot be used to purchase gift cards.
8. Maximum one voucher per Qualifying Purchase. Vouchers can only be used once.
9. Redemptions in store: Vouchers must be handed to a member of the store staff at the time of the redeeming transaction. Vouchers have no minimum spend when redeemed in store. Only original validated Vouchers with a FatFace stamp will be accepted in store. Vouchers are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change will be given if merchandise is less than value of voucher.
10. Redemptions online: Enter the Voucher code at the checkout. The minimum spend of £20 applies. Vouchers are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
11. All purchases are subject to the FatFace’s standard returns policy which can be found at http://www.fatface.com/help/delivery+returns/page/deliveryandreturns but include: a. Returns Policy (for the Qualifying Purchase): Returned items will be refunded (on production of a valid receipt) at the price paid. In the event that the return of an item reduces the total value of the transaction on the receipt to below £70/€85, the company reserves the right to request the return of the voucher that was previously issued because the transaction value now falls below the eligible value. b. Returns Policy (for transactions using the £20/€25 voucher, or multiples thereof): i. If the transaction total is the value of the voucher(s) or below you are eligible for an exchange or a refund on to a gift card. ii. If items from a multiple item transaction are returned, and the remaining value of the transaction on the receipt is more than the value of the voucher(s), you will receive a refund (by the original tender) for the full price value of the returned items. iii. If items from a multiple item transaction are returned, and the remaining value of the transaction on the receipt is less than the value of the voucher(s), you will receive a refund (by the original tender) for the original transaction amount paid, plus a gift card to the remaining value of the items being returned. iv. If every item from a transaction is returned, you will receive a refund for the transaction amount paid (by the original tender) plus a gift card to the value of your redeemed voucher(s).
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Reward for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. Please allow up to 30 days for delivery of the Reward from the date of the Qualifying Purchase online. In order to receive the online voucher, customers must be subscribed to FatFace emails. The Participant will receive their Reward instantly if the Qualifying Purchase is in store.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the Promotion.
15. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any Reward. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
16. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
18. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
19. By taking part in this Promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
20. This Promotion is governed by the English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Fat Face Ltd, Unit 3 Ridgway, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 1QJ.
When and how will I receive my voucher?
We will email you on the 1st December with your qualifying Spend and Save voucher. You will then be able to redeem this on our website.
What are the purchasing dates?
Our Spend and Save promotion will run from 02/11/16 – 13/11/16. Every £70 spent in a single transaction during this period will qualify for a free £20 voucher to spend online.
How can I redeem my voucher?
You can redeem your voucher at the checkout by entering the unique code provided in your email into the discount box. The qualifying discount will then be applied to your purchase.
What are the redemption dates?
You can spend your voucher at fatface.com at any time between 01/12/16 – 24/12/16. Don’t worry if nothing takes your fancy straight away- you have the entire period to spend your voucher!
What value of vouchers will I receive?
You will receive a £20 voucher for every £70 spent in a single transaction. So for example, if you spend £140 in a single transaction, you will receive £40. If you spend £210, you will receive £60.
Can I use the voucher in store?
If you make your qualifying purchase on our website then your voucher can only be used online. We cannot accept the voucher in store. This is because our store and online promotions are separate and cannot be used in conjunction with one another.
I have a separate discount code, can I use this at the same time?
We’re really sorry, you cannot use any discount code with your spend and save voucher.
I’m planning to buy a gift card online, is this included?
Unfortunately gift card purchases are not included in the offer online and will not count towards your final spend and save transaction.
How can my voucher be used?
You can spend your voucher on anything you like, as long as it’s a full price item. It must be of equal or greater value to the voucher amount and it can only used in one single transaction.
What about postage?
We’re really sorry but postage costs cannot be paid for using your voucher. However you can get your order delivered to any store for free!
Do I need to set up an account with you?
Setting up an account is really easy and only takes a few minutes. You'll need to give us your name and address details and then create a password which you can use to access your account at a later date. Creating an account will enable you to track your orders, save your payment details and will speed things up the next time you order. If you prefer not to create an account, you can select to "checkout without registering". You will still need to enter your name, address, email and payment information but these won't be stored. Please note, you will be unable to track your order if you select this option.
How do I change and check my account details?
By logging in to your account using your email address and password, you will be able to access your account details. You will also have the option to modify your delivery addresses stored against your account but unfortunately, we aren't able to change the delivery address on an active order, so please ensure you select the right details.
I've forgotten my password
No problem – all you need to do is grab a password reminder. You can find this at the 'Login/My Account' section of the site. Simply click on the 'Forgotten your password?' link and we'll email it over to you.
My account has been suspended
This happens after 3 unsuccessful login attempts. Your password is case sensitive, so please bear this in mind when entering your details. If you do enter an incorrect password on more than 3 occasions, your account will be suspended automatically as a security measure. To resolve this, all you need to do is let us know via email or phone (+44 2392 441234) and we can unlock your account and resend your password reminder over to your registered email address. Be assured that the crew member you deal with does not have access to your password details.
Placing an Order
What payment methods do you accept?
We can accept the following cards online or you can check out using Paypal:
Sadly, we’re not able to accept Visa Electron, Solo, Laser or Fat Cash online.
Why isn’t student discount available online at the moment?
Sorry! We’re off improving our online student discount system so we can’t currently offer this via our website. You can still enjoy student discount in our stores, just show any valid student card at the till. Whilst we work out how to make this better for you, you can keep up to date on all the latest news and offers by subscribing to our emails.
How do I redeem a discount or special offer?
You can redeem a discount at the checkout process by entering the promotional code (or ‘Quote Ref') in the box provided. Only one promotional code can be used per order.
We’re off improving our online student discount system so we can’t currently offer this via our website. You can still enjoy student discount in our stores, just show any valid student card at the till.
Why isn't my voucher code working?
Voucher codes are set to expire after a certain time, so it might be that you're using an outdated code. Most of our vouchers are for a single use and are case sensitive. They also cannot be used during Sale Periods, and you can't use more than one on a single order.
I forgot to use my offer code – can I claim it afterwards?
This is simple to fix – as long as the code was valid at the time of ordering, all you need to do is wait until you receive the parcel, then email us with the code and your order number. We'll then refund the amount back to you.
Can I add to an existing order?
We can't add to orders, but if you call the crew on +44 2392 441234 within a few hours of your original order, they'll put through another one without the postage charge for you. Please note that they will need your card details.
Can I split my order across multiple delivery addresses?
Unfortunately, we're not able to split a single order. A quick fix for this is to give the crew a call on +44 2392 441234 – they can place a new order for you without charging extra delivery.
Can I cancel/change my order online?
Unfortunately our website does not currently allow you to change or cancel anything yourself – give us a call as soon as you can on +44 2392 441234 and we'll do our best to help you. You are advised not to email your request, as we only have a limited amount of time to alter orders and we may not reach your request in time this way.
When will I be charged for my order?
If you paid for your order by credit or debit card then we won’t take any money from you until it has been dispatched from our warehouse. Payments made through PayPal are usually taken from your account instantly.
What does 'Backorder' mean?
We allow our customers to pre-order kit before it arrives in our warehouse. The expected delivery date is displayed in the grey box immediately above the quantity, once the colour and size have been selected. If an item is on Backorder the message will read "Order now, available from dd/mm/yyyy". The term backorder is used to highlight delayed product on all our correspondence.
Can I order over the phone?
We're always more than happy to place orders over the phone for you – just call the crew on +44 2392 441234. We'll be in the office between:
8.30 to 6.00 Monday to Friday
9.00 to 5.00 Saturday
10.00 to 4.00 Sunday and most Bank Holidays
Please note that from time to time we may close the lines for training purposes and during the first day of the online End of Season sale.
The items I put in my shopping basket recently are now sold out – what happened?
Goods are not allocated to you until order confirmation is sent to you – adding items to your shopping basket does not reserve them.
Can I buy or use FatFace Gift Cards online?
You can buy Gift Cards online here or in store. Gift Cards can now also be redeemed on our website. Simply checkout online, select ‘PAY WITH A GIFT CARD’ and enter the 16 digit card number and PIN found on the back of the card. You can also place your order through our Customer Services Team by phone on 02392 441234.
What is a Card Security Code?
Your Security Code is just a little extra security for online and phone transactions. This number can be located on the signature strip on the back on your card – we only require the last 3 digits of this number.
Why has my card been declined?
We will not decline transactions at checkout, only authorise the amounts – if your bank does decline, please contact them directly so they can rectify this for you. Please be advised that the authorised amount will show on your account for around 7 working days, regardless of a successful transaction being made. This amount has not been debited, it has only been ring-fenced from your available balance.
What does ‘Postcode Verification Failure' mean?
This means the details you've given us do not match the details your bank have for you – please ensure your billing address matches your statement address exactly. Rather than attempt multiple transactions online, it's best to call the crew who can place your order over the phone.
Why have you sent me a security check email?
Additional checks are run on all orders with certain criteria, for your safety as well as ours. The call to complete this check will be very brief and we will never ask for your full card details. Please be aware that if your order has been flagged for a security check and you do not contact us within 4 days your order will be cancelled.
Has my order been successful?
Once you process your order, you will receive an email with an order number. If you do not receive this email confirmation, your order has not been successful.
Will I be charged Customs and Import duties?
As we ship from Fat Base here in the UK, you wouldn't pay Customs and Import inside the European Union. However, outside the Union, charges may apply when the goods reach their destination. We don't have any control over the amounts charged. Please note that if your order is over a certain weight, we may have to split the delivery into more than one parcel resulting in more than one charge – unfortunately this is beyond our control.
Where can I find the size guide?
There is a link to the size guide on every product page – this is only a guide as every product is cut differently. If you're at all worried, just call the crew on +44 2392 441234 and they'll be able to give you a bit more information.
Is the down and feather in FatFace products responsibly sourced?
We very strict responsible sourcing guidelines for the sourcing of all our materials and we regularly monitor our suppliers carefully to ensure they adhere to these high standards.
We’ve recently joined the PETA list of retailers that have committed to keep down out of their future collections, and can confirm that from summer 2017 we will no longer utilise down and feathers in the production of any of our products.
What are your delivery charges?
Delivery to store is free
Standard Delivery is £2.95
Next Day Delivery is £5.95 (Not available during Sale.)
International Delivery is £10.00 per parcel.
When will my new FatFace order show up?
Delivery to Store: Free Delivery to Store on ALL orders. Delivery usually within 2-4 working days
Standard Delivery: For UK, CI and IOM you can expect your order to arrive within 2-4 working days. During sale and busy periods, we do advise 4 to 6 working days to give the team a little bit of time to catch up.
Next Day Delivery: Delivery is next day, 7 days a week. UK mainland orders only, placed before 5pm Mon-Fri and before 2pm Sat & Sun and are delivered via DPD. Please note that Bank Holidays are not available as part of our Next Day Delivery service.
International delivery: (including BFPO addresses) Delivery is usually within 5-12 working days.
Has my order been dispatched yet?
When your order leaves us, a second email is generated to confirm this – if you don't receive an email within 4 working days, please call the crew on +44 2392 441234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I track my order?
This depends on which postage option you go for – if you use the Next Day Delivery, charged at £5.95, the crew should be able to find you a tracking number – just call +44 2392 441234 or email email@example.com to request it. Unfortunately we can't track orders placed under a standard £2.95 delivery.
Which couriers do you use?
We use Royal Mail for Standard UK delivery, unless stated otherwise at peak times. The Standard option takes around 2-4 working days, but it can't be tracked through the system. If you select our Next Day option before 5pm the parcel will be despatched on the same day via DPD, for delivery the next day. Overseas deliveries leave via Royal Mail and are then passed over to your local postal service.
Why have I been charged delivery for my back order?
Please be assured that, whilst the delivery charge is printed on each invoice we send, you will only ever be charged postage once for your complete order. You can check this on your account at www.fatface.com or with internet banking.
It's outside the expected delivery time – what should I do?
If your order left us via an Express please contact the crew via email or on +44 2392 441234. They should be able to locate the tracking number for your parcel.
If your order left us under the Standard Service and has not been delivered within 2-4 working days (or 6 to 8 working days at peak times such as Sale and Christmas) we must allow 14 working days from despatch for delivery. Please get in touch with the crew to confirm this date.
Refunds and Exchanges
How do I return unwanted items?
We want you to love everything about your new FatFace clothing! However, if you are not delighted with your purchases it’s not a problem, we are happy for you to return them to us with your returns form within 30 days from receipt for full price items and 15 days for items bought during Sale.
You can return your unwanted goods to any store in the UK (click here to find the store nearest to you), or back to us at the following address:
Fat Face Returns
Unit One, Ridgway
Please keep hold of your proof of postage!
Please note that during sale times our returns are not free. We are also unable to offer free returns to overseas customers.
If you choose to return to a store, please take your delivery note with you as this acts as your proof of purchase. Goods will be refunded back to the card you originally paid with, so please have this with you when you pop in to see the crew.
Orders paid for using PayPal will receive a full refund back to the account used. Simply send your unwanted items back to us or take them into any FatFace store with the returns form enclosed and the original card used to place your order.
I have returned my order – will you refund my delivery?
If you live within the EU and you've returned your whole order within 30 days of receipt we will refund the full amount, including delivery costs.
I've lost my invoice and want to return something, what do I do?
Not to worry – just let the crew know at firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll send you your order number and all the details you'll need.
I requested an exchange – why have you refunded me?
We're currently working on an improved exchange process but at the moment, we're not able to re-send items without payment. This means that we first have to refund the original order and then charge a brand new one.
We'll put your exchange order on the system and give you a call to get your card details as we do not store this information.
Gifts - Wrapping & Returns
Do you offer Gift Wrapping?
We'd love to be able to offer a Gift Wrapping service, but we don't have the facilities to do this right now. If you send a delivery directly to another recipient, it will have the tags attached and the invoice enclosed.
Can I return a gift I'm not too keen on?
We want you to love everything about your new FatFace clothing! However, if you are not delighted with your items it’s not a problem, we are happy for you to return them to us with your returns form within 30 days from receipt for full price items and 15 days for items bought during Sale.
You can return your unwanted goods to any store in the UK (click here to find the store nearest to you), or back to us at the following address:
Fat Face Returns
Unit One, Ridgway
Please keep hold of your proof of postage!
Please note that we will only be able to offer a Gift Card or Exchange for a Gift Return.
Got a complaint?
Our aim is to delight customers, however sometimes things do go wrong. If this is the case we want to know about it so that we can put it right for you and learn from our mistakes so it can’t happen again.
If your complaint is about a store, best thing to do is speak to the store/duty manager whilst you’re there. They can then sort it out for you there and then.
If your complaint is about online service/delivery; contact our Customer Service Centre on +44 (0)2392 441234. Our crew will be delighted to hear from you and help resolve any issue you have.
If after following our complaints procedure you feel that we’ve not resolved your complaint, then you can use the Online Dispute Resolution service by following this link.
The items I bought recently have been reduced – can I get the sale price?
For any purchases made online, if we reduce your items within 24 hours of ordering, please email email@example.com when you receive your delivery and we'll refund the difference back to you, no problem at all.
If you've purchased in-store, please pop in and speak to our crew in store who can help you to return the goods and re-purchase a new item at sale price. Please ensure the tags are still attached if you'd like to do this!
Delivery charges on Kidswear are exempt from VAT.
Unfortunately our site is not equipped to deduct VAT automatically. We always advise that you call our crew on +44 2392 441234 and place your order over the phone. This means you won't get charged in the first place. Alternatively, when you receive your despatch confirmation, we'll refund the amount back to you.
Orders shipped to the UK, or within the European Union (regardless of invoicing address) are liable to pay VAT at the current rate.
Can I get a VAT invoice?
If you require a VAT invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the crew on +44 2392 441234 with your order number to hand. Please specify whether you require an email or paper copy of this information – either way, it'll be with you in just a few days.